This salsa snack is so good for you and so addictive (in a healthy way). You will love it! It’s full of flavor, vitamins & minerals, fiber, zip, sweetness (without added sugar), and it’s beautiful! You’ve GOT to try it. Eat it with your favorite tortilla chips.
Recipe [easy], Time [15 min], Serves 6-8
8 Major Allergen Free
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper, medium dice
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, medium dice
- 1/2 cup Red Onion, medium dice
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 small Limes
- 1 (15oz) can diced Tomato or 2 large fresh tomatoes diced
- 1 (15oz) can Black Beans, rinsed
- 1 (15oz) can Pinto Beans, rinsed
- 1 (15oz) can Garbanzo Beans, rinsed
- 1 (15oz) can Yellow Corn, rinsed
- 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Cilantro
- 1 tsp Sea Salt (more if desired)
- Your favorite Corn Tortilla Chips (for dipping)
- Chop the onions and peppers medium dice (about 1/4 inch x 1/4 inch) size and place in large bowl. (Chop the tomato similar size if using fresh and then add to bowl)
- Add garlic to bowl.
- Zest the 3 limes (just the green, not the white pith), then cut them in half and squeeze the juice into the large bowl over the vegetables. Add the zest to the bowl.
- Add canned tomatoes (if not using fresh tomatoes). Add canned, rinsed beans and corn.
- Add vinegar, oil, salt, and fresh cilantro.
- Stir together mixture. Store covered in refrigerator 5-7 days or serve immediately with tortilla chips and eat it all up. Yum!
Get creative. If you don’t have the exact same bell peppers, just use the ones you have. I picked those for the color. If you don’t have fresh garlic, substitute 1/4 tsp garlic powder (or more if desired). If you don’t have red onion, use white sweet onion. If you don’t like those particular beans, you can use different ones. Kidney beans work or blackeyed peas or great northern beans. The only ingredients I wouldn’t suggest substituting or removing are the cilantro, limes, and vinegar. Those give this salsa recipe a unique and delightful flavor. But this is YOUR salsa, not mine. If you have allergies or don’t like an ingredient, try taking it out. Maybe you’ll still love it. Cooking is about experimenting and trying new things. Be brave! Enjoy!
Did you try this recipe? Did you you try any substitutions and would like to share your ideas with us?